2018 Leatt GPX 5.5 V10 Composite Helmet Lime/White
Lightweight Composite Off-Road Head and Brain Protection
We all crash. Sometimes hard, and sometimes even harder! There is solution to minimize the risk of a head and brain injury, however, and that is to get the best helmet you can find that reduces both rotation and impact energy to your head and brain.
The GPX 5.5 Composite helmet offers world-class protection with 360 Turbine Technology. Turbines made of an energy absorbing material, are set inside the helmet. This technology has two main advantages, namely the reduction of rotational acceleration to the head and brain and the absorption of energy upon impact at concussion level.
Leatt helmets also have a smaller outer shell volume, which benefits you by reducing the rotational acceleration to your head and brain in the case of a crash – proving that smaller shells are better. Our multi-density, V-shaped impact foam is molded directly to the outer shell, making it possible for us to reduce the outer shell size and achieve the highest level of impact protection at the same time. This is an unbeaten combination that makes all Leatt riders winners.
Ventilation is another feature that most of us cannot get enough of. Look no further, as our helmets provide ample ventilation and, most importantly, the vents work well even at low speeds.
So, next time you crash, see to it that you are protected by the best technology out there.
- Composite shell in three sizes
- 360° Turbine Technology
- Reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level
- Reduces up to 40% of rotational acceleration to head and brain
- Reduced Outer Shell Volume
- A 10% smaller shell, transfers up to 20% less rotational forces to the neck, head and brain
- Multi-density, V-shaped impact foam molded directly to the outer shell significantly reduces G-forces transferred to the head and brain
- New Dri-Lex® moisture wicking, breathable, anti-odor and washable inner liner
- Optimal Neck Brace Compatibility
- Maximized Ventilation Optimized for Off-Road racing and effective even at very low speeds
- Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
- Emergency cheek pad removal
- Hydration ready (with optional hands-free kit)
- Certified and tested: ECE 2205 or DOT
- ECE from 1050g
- ECE/DOT from 1.295g (2.85 lbs)
- #XS (53-54cm – 20 ¾ – 21 ¼”)
- #S (55-56cm – 21 5/8 – 22″)
- #M (57-58cm – 22 ½ – 22 ¾”)
- #L (59-60cm – 23 ¼ – 23 5/8″)
- #XL (61-62cm – 24 – 24 ½”)
- #XXL (63-64cm – 24 ¾ – 25 1/5″)