ProTaper’s revolutionary Self-Engaged Launch Assist (SELA) solves a problem faced by all motocross racers, no matter their skill level: setting a start device alone is awkward at best and impossible at worst. With its patent-pending self-engaged twist dial, SELA can be easily set without any assistance, giving riders the freedom to practice starts and line up for races by themselves.
During a start, SELA makes it possible to temporarily compress the motorcycle’s front suspension, reducing its tendency to wheelie under acceleration. This optimizes rear wheel traction, allowing the rider to be more aggressive with the throttle and launch down the start straight with greater control.
Its unique, modular design allows SELA to be installed on most full-size, late-model motocross bikes. A dual-hinged receiver ring makes for quick and convenient installation without removing the front wheel or fork.
- Patent-pending self-engaged twist dial enables easy, unassisted operation
- Dual-hinged receiver ring with variable clamping diameter for quick installation and precise fit
- Forged aluminum alloy construction optimizes weight savings, strength, and durability
- Hard-anodized moving parts maximize resistance to corrosion and wear
- Durable laser-etched graphics, including engagement confirmation markings
- Includes all parts and hardware necessary for a wide range of applications